As a local, I’ve made it a priority to scout of this gorgeous landscape for some of the best views, trees, and gorgeous waterscapes you’ve ever seen. While we explore everywhere we go to find the most eye-catching location for your wedding, elopement, or adventure session, Colorado is our home and we truly love that the places we find, are off the beaten path and unique!
We’ll give you our top 5, because there are too many to count! If you want the super secret locations, you’ll have to work with us 😉
- ESTES PARK. We could go on and on about Estes Park. From the Stanley Hotel to every incredible back road and National Park. There isn’t a dull place in this place. It’s a short 2.5 hour drive from Colorado Springs, cut that in half if you’re coming from Denver. If you’re going to stay check out The Ridgeline Hotel, my favorite for s’mores and it’s pretty close to downtown making almost everything accessible. It’s a bit further away from the national park, about 45 minutes to the entrance, but the amenities are worth it. If your budget calls for a little more, check out the Stanley Hotel (even if it’s just a day trip). Our favorite places to shoot in Estes in order: 1. Longs Peak 2. RMNP (video above) 3. Downtown Estes 4. YMCA Estes (pictured right) 5. Anywhere along the side of the road during Fall (Pictured top)!
2. Summit County
You cannot go wrong in summit county. Anytime of the year, Breckenridge & Keystone are incredible. Between Lake Dillon, gorgeous mountain views, snow or blooming trees, you have it all here. We encourage our couples to ride the mountain, ski, snowboard, snowmobile, snowcat, sled, tube, or whatever their heart desires if there is snow! Enjoy it to the fullest! We will even ride with you, and trust me, we want to! Mountain Thunder Lodge (video link below) is a popular place for weddings & to stay. We love the hospitality and the rooms have these incredible balconies. 10 Mile Station (right below), located in the middle of Peak 9, is also a killer venue with a gorgeous view. During the day, it’s a dining hall, but the transformation is out of this world. Or, get eloped at the top with your closest family and friends. You can’t beat the quiet intimacy the mountains offer.
If you prefer Keystone, River Run Village puts on an excellent show and the village is the cutest place. Trust us when we say, go to the wine & jazz festival during the summer. Book early and stay in the village. How about engagement session with a side of wine and jazz? https://player.vimeo.com/video/382136255?app_id=122963&wmode=opaque
3. Colorado Springs
The Front Range is one of our favorite places to shoot, and not just because it’s home. We have some of the best views in the state right here. From almost any venue, we have unprecedented views of Pikes Peak. Colorado Springs is broken up into little subsections, like Black Forest, Downtown, West Side, etc. We’ve got quaint places like Old Colorado City (located on the west side) the historic town of Manitou Springs, Fox Run Park in Black Forest, urban or classic venues like the Pinery with city views to die for! Our top 3 venue choices in Colorado Springs would be 1. The Pinery 2. The Craftwood Inn (Actually in Manitou, but less than 20 minutes) 3. Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
I’ve been in Colorado Springs for 25 years, and at TWG we have a thirst for exploration. You want to kayak? We’ll take you to the most gorgeous lake nearby, you want to rock climb? Great. We know the spot. How about hiking a waterfall, swimming in a natural hot spring, fishing, canoeing, paddle boarding, or just spending time loving on each other? We’ve got the answer to them all. The great thing about these locations, are they can be used for engagement sessions too! We’ve got a killer list of engagement locations, with some places only the locals know about. We’re sure to wow you for whatever your hearts desire! Colorado is our home and we want to help you remember something that is unique to you and your significant other.
Ok, so confession, I’d never live IN D-town. I can’t stand the traffic and all the crowds of people. However, we LOVE the venues that Denver has to offer, everything from the urban metal in a brewing company to a rustic farmhouse on a hill, or an incredible old historic mansion. Denver has it all. Denver is a generalized term us locals use to define everything north of castle rock, and south of fort collins, but the truth is it’s actually 100’s of little cities. Highlands Ranch, Aurora, Thornton, Stapleton, Denver, Lone Tree…etc. So when looking for your venue, check out where it actually is in relation to Denver. Some of the venues in South Aurora, are still over an hour away from Downtown Denver, which might change your plans, or your accommodations. If you’re staying in Denver- check out the Curtis! I love the hipster vibe they offer, and the 13th floor dedicated to The Shining is really cool. The Grand Hyatt has an awesome sky lounge, that’s worth the drink just before sunset, too. (BONUS: Have family in town? Make time for a night at Howl at the Moon, its a dueling piano bar and the laughs you’ll get the whole night are priceless!)
Ok, wedding venues, here are some fun choices (there are too many to rank- we love them all!)
- Highlands Ranch Mansion. (video, below) 10000% yes to every fairytale dream you’ve ever had. Are you a real life princess? Then this is your home for the night. You’re sure to be wowed by the history, and even better, the lawn in front of the house is just as magical as the inside. You can party the night away feeling like royalty.
- Wedgewood Brittany Hill, (picture right). How about a venue that makes you feel like you’re on top of the city? Cons to this, there isn’t much of an outdoor space. Keep this in mind though and if your timeline allows, skip out on the venue for a bit and let us take you somewhere to get those gorgeous outdoor photos you wanted. If you’re after the outdoor space, try Wedgewood Ken Caryl instead. It isn’t right in the city, and off the beaten path a bit in comparison…Still not enough? Boulder Creek is Wedgewood’s boulder location, and the outdoor scenery here is gorgeous during the summer.
- Great Divide Brewing Company. How much do you love beer? Enough to get married to it (or near it…). This is the coolest urban venue in Downtown Denver. It’s metal kegs and red colors make for awesome pops of colors, with the exposed ceilings. It’s sure to wow your guests, and really give you quite the experience.
- Bonus: Denver Museum of Nature & Science/Denver Aquarium: Out of the box, nerdy, and OH SO COOL. How about getting married in the prehistoric age or next to that really cool shark? Well we’d think that is a dream come true, literally.
Lets top this off by adding in some of our favorite locations for engagement sessions in Denver:
- Red Rocks Amphitheater (check it out, left). Its cool, its Colorado. This is 2 for 1, the park is just as gorgeous, and the amphitheater is a cool touch. If you have a chance, check out a concert. It’s mind-blowing. Also, Absolut makes a Vodka features Red Rocks on it….
- Denver Botanic Gardens. Personally, I’d wait until at least May for this venue, just to get the full idea of how gorgeous the garden is. But it’s worth the wait!
- Downtown Denver. Sounds cliche, but Union Station followed by some coffee, ice cream, and galavanting the city on a Byrd (scooter, anyone?) sounds like the most fun. Let us help you out with a cool itinerary, we’ll take you to the best tacos and tequila, and take pictures while you love birds hold hands through the city.
leave a comment